Police Report 4/20/17
There is no Laurel Police report this week because of scheduling conflicts.
• On April 14, at 9:19 a.m., a resident on Lonesome Pine Rd, reported an abandoned vehicle. The red Chevy Blazer had been on the property for two months after being left by a renter. As vehicle is on private property, it is up to property owner to have it towed. Deputies advised complainant.
• On April 14, at 9:46 a.m., a medical emergency on 3rd St SW necessitated paging Columbus Ambulance to transport an 87-year-old woman who was having difficulty breathing.
• On April 14, at 12:30 p.m., a woman on 3rd Ave. SE, reported that her husband had fallen. He was uninjured but unable to get up. An ambulance crew assisted.
• On April 14, at 8:32 p.m., a resident on Yellowstone Meadow Rd., contacted dispatch concerned about break-ins in the area. The complainant requested a call from a deputy.
• On April 14, at 9:25 p.m., a deputy initiated a stop on N. Frontage Rd. The vehicle’s owner was given a warning for improper lighting, white clearance lights and LED light bars.
• On April 14, at 9:49 p.m., a deputy initiated a motor vehicle stop at mile marker 429 on Interstate 90. Heather May Lytle, of Billings, was cited for speeding. She paid a $40 bond.
• On April 14, at 10:12 p.m., a deputy initiated a motor vehicle stop at mm 428, I-90 at the Pope Rd. underpass. James Lorenzo King, Jr., of Helena, was cited for driving without liability insurance and given a warning for speed.
• On April 15, at 2:50 a.m., a caller was alone in a grandparent’s house and wanted to put 911 on speed dial. In the process, she called 911.
• On April 15, at 11:34 a.m., a resident called dispatch because her husband had fallen off the stairs and hit his head. The 79-year-old had major injuries and had gushing blood from his head. Park City Fire and Ambulance rendered services.
• On April 15, at 5:23 p.m., a caller on S. Clark St. reported a neighbor in an apartment above his was shooting a pellet gun at them and other people. The reporting party said this is an on-going problem and the suspects have caused a lot of damage. Later, the complainant called again and reported the suspects had thrown garbage everywhere and were shooting again. Deputies responded and got statements and photos but were unable to make contact with the suspects.
• On April 15, at 7:31 p.m., the complainant in the previous call reported via 911 that the subjects were back and the victim would like contact. The victim stated the suspects had caused about
$2,000 in damage to house windows, car windows and a pickup topper. Deputies took the reports.
• On April 15, at 9:30 p.m. a deputy initiated a traffic stop at mm 427 on I-90. Joshua Lynn Chilton of Billings was given a warning for head lights not correctly configured.
• On April 15, at 10:17 p.m., a deputy initiated a motor vehicle stop on the Park City west bound ramp. Mark Andrew McDonough, of Boon Rapids, Minn., was given a warning for speeding.
• On April 15, at 10:29 p.m. a deputy initiated a traffic stop at the west bound off ramp in Park City. Jaran Thomas Schwend, of Billings, was given a warning for a mechanical issue.
• On April 16, at 12:37 a.m., a deputy checked on the well being of a walker on Cemetery Ave. The deputy took the man home.
• On April 16, at 5:21 p.m., a complainant on Cemetery Rd., reported a brown horse had wandered into her yard. A deputy found the owner and the horse was retrieved.
• On April 16, at 5:45 p.m., a woman reported she was riding bikes with her daughter when she was almost hit by a vehicle in the Zip Trip parking lot. The driver was rude to the woman and she was worried about their safety.
• On April 16, at 9:48 p.m., a woman reported that her grandson would not get in her vehicle near the high school. While a deputy was in route, the woman reported that the grandson got into the car.