Published Thursday, April 6, 2017
• On March 29, at 2:31 a.m., on the 200 block of SE. 4th St., the Laurel Volunteer Fire Department assisted in providing lift assistant for the Laurel Ambulance.
• On March 30, at 5:57 p.m., on 400 W. Main St., the LVFD responded to a planter that had caught fire and was smoldering from being used as an ash tray. The fire was extinguished.
• On April 1, at 3:18 p.m., Volunteer firefighters responded to 300 Woodland Ave., where a porch fire was started by a cigarette not being completely extinguished. Fire was eventually put out.